Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Main use of Aperture Setting: Depth-of-Field Control

Jonquil_flowers_at_f5.Image via Wikipedia
What I have learned from all my book readings and my experiment with my camera is that the main use and function of the aperture is to control the depth of field of your shots.

Having said that, do note, however, that the correct exposure, or should I say, the desired exposure of your subject, is still dependent on 3 settings in your camera:
  1. aperture value
  2. shutter speed
  3. ISO
ISO can be set independently, while shutter speed is an inverse function of your aperture setting: the bigger aperture opening (smaller f value), the faster you shutter speed can be, and vice-versa.

Again, this is a beginner's knowledge, but a fundamental one, -- it is but a foundation of all the other skills that you will ever learn later on.

Leave your comments - they are most welcome.

Till then!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment